Monday, 11 August 2014

Things To Do In Scotland: Scottish Borders and Edinburgh | Adventures with Bee

At the end of last month, my little family and I packed ourselves into two cars and underwent an 8 and a half hour drive from Somerset to Scotland. The journey was about as fun as it sounds! The fun we got up to once we finally arrived more than made up for it though and we spent four days eating good food, laughing at the kids and snuggling the dogs. There are just so many things to do in Scotland! It was a bit of a reflective trip because my Aunt is selling up the beautiful house she shared with my late Uncle and moving to Normandy. As you do! The house understandably holds a lot of memories so it was really sad to leave it behind but onwards and upwards! Check out my Scotland posts from a couple of years ago if you fancy it. 


1 vivatramp uk lifestyle book blog scotland scottish borders things to do in the uk


// i took my instax camera with me and ended up getting lots of snaps



2 vivatramp scotland uk lifestyle book blogger

// the gorgeous scenery more than made up for the horrendous cramps I was experiencing on the journey up!

3 vivatramp food lifestyle book blog steak scotland things to do in the borders uk

// we were greeted by steak straight off the bbq

4 vivatramp dog long haired daschund blogger lifestyle books uk

// meet Pansy, reluctant mother and head of security

5 vivatramp edinburgh things to do things to see scotland lifestyle book blogger uk

// the view from Edinburgh castle - a must do with regards to things to do in Scotland!

6 vivatramp lifestyle book blogger uk edinburgh cathedral scotland

// St Giles' cathedral

7 vivatramp edinburgh scotland lifestyle book blogger uk

// the wheel 

8 vivatramp lifestyle book blogger uk scotland edinburgh things to do adventures with bee

// Scott's Monument looking pretty

9 vivatramp edinburgh food ice cream lifestyle book blogger uk adventures with bee

// what's a summers day without a screwball?

10 vivatramp edinburgh scotland lifestyle book blog blogger uk

// i love stained glass

11 vivatramp lifestyle book uk adventures with bee edinburgh

// Edinburgh being all beautiful

12 vivatramp scotland edinburgh scottish borders things to do adventures with bee lifestyle book blogger uk

// lighting a couple of candles for loved ones

13 vivatramp scotland scottish borders things to do adventures with bee lifestyle book blogger uk

// i'm going to miss my Aunt's house so much

14 vivatramp scotland scottish borders things to do adventures with bee lifestyle book blogger uk uk#

// LOOK AT THOSE BOLLOCKS!

15 vivatramp scotland lifestyle blogger uk

// farmyard animal cupcakes are essential at country shows...apparently!

16 vivatramp lifestyle food book blog uk lobster

// lobster for lunch

17 vivatramp lobster roe lifestyle book blogger uk

// luke being daring and trying some lobster roe

18 vivatramp lifestyle book blogger uk long haired daschund things to do in scotland adventures with bee

// i bloody love Lizzie

19 vivatramp lifestyle book blog uk scotland adventures with bee day in the life

// the overflowing greenhouse

20 vivatramp scottish borders things to do in scotland lifestyle book blog uk day in the life

// the view from our bedroom

21 vivatramp long haired daschund lifestyle book blogger uk

// chilling out with my girl, Pansy. hunchback chic going on for some reason!

22 vivatramp food lifestyle book blog uk

// Luke opted for the hare dish

23 vivatramp lifestyle book blog uk edinburgh

// babes

24 vivatramp lifestyle blog book uk things to do in the uk scotland edinburgh scottish borders visit britain

// my Mum got captured by my cousin's kids. this was their lair!

25 vivatramp lifestyle book blog uk long haired daschund the scottish borders adventures with bee

// Lizzie begging for tummy tickles

26 vivatramp moonstone ring gemstone jewellery uk book blogger lifestyle blog

// bought myself a beautiful moonstone ring. dem sausage fingers!

27 vivatramp book blogger book haul lifestyle blog uk

// some contemporary books I picked up at my Aunt's. stay tuned for my classics haul in a few days!

28 vivatramp lifestyle book blog uk things to do in the uk visit britain

// my pork dish - turns out pork cheek is incredible

29 vivatramp scottish borders the eildons things to see in scotland lifestyle book blogger uk

// the view from the garden - the three eildon's

30 vivatramp long haired daschunds scotland country homes inspiration lifestyle book blogger

// the four pups - Pansy, Lizzie, Rose and Lulu

31 vivatramp food lifestyle book blog uk things to do in the uk abeerdeen angus

// aberdeen angus for dins

32 vivatramp book blogger lifestyle uk long haired daschund scotland

// Rose being beautiful

33 vivatramp lifestyle book blog

// Luke and I looking dashing

34 vivatramp long haired daschund uk lifestyle book blog things to do adventures with bee

// look at that face!

35 vivatramp scotland things to do scottish borders beautiful homes countryside inspiration lifestyle book blogger

// a front view of the house 

Scotland will forever feel like a second home to me but I'm looking forward to future adventures in Normandy too! Who wants to give me some tips on Normandy in exchange for  ideas of things to do in Scotland, eh?! What adventures have you been on recently? If you could go on an adventure anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why? 

 CHECK OUT MY OTHER ADVENTURE POSTS 

FOLLOW: TWITTER | FOLLOW: BLOGLOVIN'
FOLLOW: INSTAGRAM | FOLLOW: TUMBLR
VIVATRAMP@GMAIL.COM

18 comments:

  1. ugh this looks so perfect! I almost bought that version of everything is illuminated. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss Edinburgh! Such a beautiful city! If I could go anywhere right now I'd jump on the next trip to Mongolia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOGS!! So cute. Can you sneak me in your case next time? I won't be any trouble I'll just be in the garden with the dogs. I love West Wales and can't wait to head back in September xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post has made me so proud to be Scottish! Also absolutely pissing myself at the 'look at those bollocks' comment!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Aunt's house is absolutely gorgeous. It's the house of my dreams, literally. You make me want to visit Scotland and its beautiful landscapes. I hope you will get a chance to go to Normandy soon... And to learn to like it :). If I could go anywhere, I would go to Iceland ;).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I really want to visit Scotland one day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful pictures, I've always wanted to visit Scotland!

    http://wiltedxfaded.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my!! these photos are so dreamy!! looks like an amazing trip!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had such a lovely trip with your family and loved ones. It's good to spend that quality time with them, especially those you don't get to see as often as you'd like. Thanks for sharing!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had an amazing time - now I really want to visit Edinborough! It's just so far away from the South West, I feel like I'd need to stay for a while. How did you find the travelling?
    Beth x
    swallowsandskylines.blogspot.coBeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, it looks like you had such a great time! I love visiting Scotland (my dad is scottish, so we have loads of family up there), though I've never actually been to Edinburgh! It looks amazing though. Your aunts house looks lovely too (especially with all the amazingly cute dogs haha), but how exciting that she's moving to Normandy! Oh, and that yorkshire pudding looks so good right now! :)
    Have a great week!
    xo April Everyday

    ReplyDelete
  12. That house is beautiful! Looks like the weather was nice to you too! I always enjoy visiting Scotland, and Edinburgh is a lovely city.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photography from Scotland is beautiful! All the Dachshunds are too adorable + the farmyard animal cupcakes are the cutest. Looks like you had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm off to Inverness at the end of this month and I'm too excited! I've never been before, but my mum's always loved the idea of Scotland, and after finding out I'm quarter Scottish a few weeks ago I'm really looking forward to it. The pictures are lovely too and really show the atmosphere there. If you're interested pop by my blog at the end of the month and have a little gander at my Inverness posts! :)

    Charlie,
    little-sunday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, it's sad your aunt is selling the house. The photos are lovely, it looks sooo nice there!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos! The food, sights and house look gorgeous! Though Normandy sounds exciting too :D Looking forward to your book reviews! xx

    http://peanutbutterandmussels.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful pictures! I was in scotland in 2009 i think. i loved it so much - it's so beautiful. i hope i will be there again some time.

    ReplyDelete