Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Things That Make Me Happy | H is for Happy

Four years ago, I started a feature entitled H is for Happy, inspired by Sofia's Journal. *If you want to make me feel hugely uncomfortable, you can open a new tab and view my very first H is for Happy post! Ouch!They were always really well received, were Mish's favourite and they were fun to make. However, somewhere along the line my love for them went astray. Thankfully, my love for them has been re-ignited, and I'm hoping to make 2014 the year where I bring this feature back. It may not be coming to you every Monday, like in the good old days, but H is for Happy is definitely going to be around more often! 

If you're sitting there like 'sorry, whut?!' then, please, let me explain. H is for Happy is a feature that muses on all the simple things in life that make me happy, and may make you happy too. So screw everything else for five minutes, settle down with a notepad and think about all those little things that are FRICKIN' AWESOME. Here are five things that have been putting a smile on my face recently....

letters and cards uk lifestyle blog vivatramp

 SENDING SURPRISE hallmark CARDS* and LETTERS and gifts to loved ones 



uk lifestyle blog vivatramp

 • donating unwanted books to charity (because i'm a top human being) 


things that make me happy list graditude h is for happy uk lifestyle blog

• MY FIG SCENTED OQIBO* CANDLE THAT'S normally HOUSED ON MY BOOKSHELF - such a clean scent! 

netflix uk lifestyle blog

• a quiet evening with the entire netflix library at my disposal 

uk lifestyle blog vivatramp cat
                                                   {this is his Mr April pose btw, and yes that's a statue of naked people kissing}

• cuddles with this little boy 

I hope you're now sat there with a big grin on your face, or a subtle smirk at least. Ah, it feels good to be back! Whats been putting a smile on your face recently? Leave me your own little list in the comments below! I'm off to dust my bookcase, and no that's not a euphemism! 

*The candle and the cards were sent to me for my consideration, but they both happened to be really bloody lovely. I'm not just featuring them in my happy list for lols!

 CHECK OUT MY OTHER LISTOGRAPHY POSTS.

 FOLLOW: TWITTER | FOLLOW: BLOGLOVIN'
FOLLOW: INSTAGRAM | FOLLOW: TUMBLR
VIVATRAMP@GMAIL.COM

21 comments:

  1. Donating things to charity shops in general keeps me happy! A clutter free room and doing a little bit towards something good. So glad you've brought this back, especially this week/month whilst I have a minor/major breakdown! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netflix is definitely something that makes me smile...it's perfect for a lazy weekend in! Mr. April is so cute!! I've been wanting to adopt a kitten & this makes me want to even more!

    xo, B
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i used to love these posts - glad they are back again! it's always the little things xx
    www.katiewstyles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your H is for Happy posts, so I'm glad they're back. I love having scented candles dotted about my room, they can make everything seem so much better :) xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really nice post - I love doing the little cards and gifts for people, sometimes people just need it without you even realising.

    Nicola // pink-confetti.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see this features' coming back :)
    For me- I'm stealing your Netflix one plus the return of House of Cards, drawing in my new sketchbook and getting pancakes in bed courtesy of a lovely boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea for a post. H is also for Hope ahaha. And for me making mix CDS and writing letter care packages for my boyfriends whislt he is away at Uni is putting a huge smile on my face H x

    www.hopesgone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cosy days in front of the telly with cups of tea, when my boyfriend brings me breakfast in bed, recieving hand written letters and lovely little emails like the ones from yourself!

    Lovely little idea for a post Bee, will need to go back and look at some of your others from this series. Definitely looking forward to this being continued as well :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I love sending cards, posts and surprise presents to my friends back in the UK, beats a message on facebook, doesn't it?!

    Also donating stuff to charity shops is also great! xxx

    http://peanutbutterandmussels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay Bee. this is lovely. i started my own series of Three Things on the 1st of Jan this year so I hope it continues to go right. I can't wait to see what makes you happy :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this feature so am very glad to see it's back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay glad to see this feature back! I'm of a similarly cynical/negative disposition.. but cuddles with my own man (cat shaped man that is) are the very best. meow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently donated a whole host of books to charity - I was glad to see them go to a new home from home until someone purchases them and falls in love with them like I couldn't. As for Netflix, who knew it could be so addictive?! I'd love to see more in this feature.
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay I used to love the H is for Happy posts, I'm glad they're back!

    Lauren | Bits and Bobs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love sending surprise cards, this is such a lovely feature, looking forward to more of them :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of listing all the things that make you happy! I have my own weekly listings on my blog : )

    http://rosetintedjessica.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charles!!! That cat's face is on my happy list for sure, I love him
    xxx
    Chambray & Curls

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderful blog idea :) It made me happy reading it and now I am going to adopt the same thing! You are so good donating your books, I am such a hoarder!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm absolutely in love with the idea of writing about all the simple things! I'll have to steal this for my own blog! I'm so glad I found vivatramp, it's such a beautiful blog. Wonderful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Charles! My main man, he's such a beauty.

    Always to happy to see your posts on my feed, but other than that the biggest thing to put a smile on my face this week was managing to stay awake after 2100!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are just the sweetest. And I'ma put it out there, I'm totally stealing little Charles. He's a babe. Like you. xx

    ReplyDelete